This bitter-gourd fry is one hot favorite at home. Especially it goes well with Sambar rice or More kuzhambu rice. And its damn simple to prepare…ok…ok….may be you need a little patience during the frying stage 😛
2 medium sized Bitter-gourd – Sliced in circles and de-seeded
Besan (Chickpea flour) – 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Curd – 2 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
– Mix all the ingredients listed above (except the bitter-gourd) to a fine paste with no lumps.
– Now add the sliced bitter-gourd pieces and mix well.
– Let this rest for about 30 mins.
– The curd and salt mixture will help to reduce the bitterness.
– Take a non-stick pan. Keep it on medium-heat. Spread a tsp of oil on the pan. Fry the bitter-gourd pieces separately as shown in the picture. It might be a test on patience for you, but seriously the fruits of this venture are damn good.
– Shallow fry both the sides of the bitter-gourd to a golden brown. An occasional near black one might also taste good. Never mind 😀 😛