I don’t like to waste food. And to avoid repeating menu at the dinner tables, I sometimes twist the rice to make something more appealing to the eyes, as we eat with our eyes first.
The morning’s left over rice, got converted to Mutter Masala rice and presented like this with Gobi fry, it was a big hit at the dinner table.
Left over cooked rice – 1 cup
Frozen Peas – 1 handful
Onion – 1 medium – thinly sliced
Cinnamon – 1/2″ stick
Bay leaf – 1
Cloves – 2
Saunf – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Soya sauce – a few drops
– Take a pan, heat up 2 tsp of oil. Add Saunf, Cloves, Bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
– Add the sliced onions and fry well. Then add the frozen peas, as it’ll cook quite fast.
– Sprinkle turmeric powder and red chili powder and mix well.
– When the peas is cooked, switch off heat.
– Now add the cooked left over rice, sprinkle salt to taste, soya sauce and mix well.
– Serve with Gobi fry or Potato fry and make your dinners more exciting.
– You can as well use it packing lunch with freshly made rice.