VEG CHEESE TOAST
Thinly slice one medium sized onion and half a capsicum.
Heat a pan with 1 tsp of oil, saute the onion and capsicum for a minute or two. Sprinkle little salt and sweet paprika for that flavor and color. Remove from heat.
Spread this saute-d veg mixture on one slice of the bread. Keep a cheese slice on top of it. Cover with the other slice.
Toast on a butter greased pan till golden brown.
Yummy Veg Cheese toast to gobble up is ready 🙂
CHEESE FRENCH TOAST
Beat one egg, with 1 tbsp of milk, a pinch of salt, a pinch of oregano and a pinch of chilli flakes.
Keep a Cheese Slice in between two slices of bread.
Soak them well in the egg mixture.
And toast on a butter greased pan till golden brown.
Totally yummy, oozing with cheese in the center !
Today morning, I woke up late. And on top of it, I had to pack lunch for my daughter. When I opened the fridge, I faced another one. A half capsicum, an onion, 2 spring onion sprigs and an egg. And I had a *facepalm* moment for a minute.
Then, everything brightened, as I smilingly faced the challenge to create something out of this to go with chapatis for lunch.
So, here you go, with what I did.
– Thinly slice 1 onion and add to a hot frying pan with 2 tsp of oil. Fry them till light brown.
– Add the half capsicum, thinly sliced to the pan and continue frying.
– In the meanwhile, soak some soya chunks in hot water for a minute or two. Then squeeze the water out and cut them into smaller pieces.
– Add this soya chunks to the pan. This gives volume to the stir fry.
– Season with salt and spice with red chilli powder.
– Move this stir-fry to a side in the pan and make a quick scramble with that one egg in that half-side of the pan. This way, the scramble will infuse the veggie taste to it.
– Now, mix them all well and finally add the spring onion sprig, finely chopped.
– Turn off heat and pack for lunch 😀
– A nutritious, simple, delicious lunch box dish is done within minutes ! Try it out….